A range of sites, articles and people I find interesting.
- Rufus May, a British psychologist who has an interesting and different view on viewing, talking about and treating mental health disorders:
- His video on hearing voices is a ‘must see’ and based on his own experience of hearing voices.
- The Secret Life of a Manic Depressive A documentary on bipolar disorder presented by Stephen Fry (http://www.stephenfry.com/) himself a sufferer who interviews sufferers both celebrities and everyday people.
- A letter written in response to Stephen Fry’s second documentary by respected clinical psychologist Richard Bentall and published in the Spectator.
- An article from the MIT Technology Review, “ Shining Light on Madness“
- An article from the Guardian newspaper, “Admissions to hospital for drug-related mental health problems soar”
- A fantastic TedX talk by Catherine Pawley: After Anorexia: Life’s too short to weigh your cornflakes
- A great TedX by Kristie Amadio: It’s time to do eating disorder recovery differently
- A lecture on the biochemisty and nutrition of eating disorders and recovery: End ED: Dr Leanne Barrow at The Farm